Saturday, August 4, 2012

Brave

One of the reasons I do this blog is to document our life as a family, to remember and to show our children as they grow. It has been awhile since I have posted so I am happy to finally be writing again after a couple months.  These times with the kids are going so fast and I want NEED to remember this stuff!! 

Things seemed to be a little crazy around here lately so Ava and I decided to take some time for the two of us and use the whole day to just be together and reconnect.  I have found myself saying no a lot and I know it isn't always easy to have a little sister around all the time getting at least half my attention all day long. 

So we started the morning off stopping at a few garage sales.  Here are some of Ava's finds...
Remember these?

We got a viewfinder with it which she calls her "camera." 
Total = $0.50

Eggs with shape sorting $0.50


And some of my finds...


The cute little Old Navy Shorts for next summer and a Gap tank top $2.00

Jeep jogging stroller that will be great for our trip to poconos and beach! $13.00


We also got an Ariel puzzle...total for the day $18.00.  We had so much fun finding some great deals and negotiating. 

We then went off to have some lunch at TGI Fridays...

Loves posing for the camera :)


She ordered her own food using all her manners and was so well behaved!  It was great to appreciate her and have great conversations without any distractions.  I learned that her favortie animal is a unicorn and her favorite colors are pink, purple and brown.  I love that she always adds the brown in there because she knows that its one of my favorites too :) I don't know many kids who admit to liking brown.  We talked about going back to school in the fall, how much fun it will be to go to beach for week next month, soccer, swimming ballet, etc. 


After lunch we were off to the movies.  We went to see Disney's Brave.





There were a few scary parts but Ava was very "brave."  It was a great story about the bond between a mother and daughter.  I got a little teary eyed at the end :)

We had such a great day together and after all the stress we have felt over last few days this was exactly what we needed.  Now that I have two strong girls with their own goals, needs, wants and ideas I am learning that it is very important to take the time to give each one of them what they need.  Taking time alone together is something we will value forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment