Saturday, May 14, 2011

The White House

I have been slacking on the blogging but wanted to mention that I did receive a response from my letter to President Obama a few months ago.  Well, not sure if it was from the big man himself but the email was from "The White House."  Here is the previous post... My letter to the president
Getting a letter from the president brings back some memories for me...my grandmother, someone I have looked up to my entire life, had a framed letter from Nancy Reagan hanging in her bathroom which I read every single time I went in there.  She had written to her about having both lived through breast cancer.  I admired my grandmother so much for battling cancer. But, as a child reading that letter I thought my grandma was so cool because she was "friends" with the president's wife. :)
Not as cool as my grandma but I was glad to at least get a response and be reminded of this great childhood memory.

The White House, Washington
 

March 10, 2011


Dear Friend:

Thank you for writing.  I have heard from many Americans concerned about environmental issues, from recycling and pollution control to the well-being of our national parks and wildlife.  I appreciate your perspective.

America's natural resources and landscapes are among our Nation's most precious treasures.  We have an obligation to be responsible stewards of our environment and to protect these resources for future generations.

My Administration is taking action to protect and restore our land, water, and air.  The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, which I signed in 2009, provides funding for hazardous waste cleanup, wastewater infrastructure construction, and projects that improve our Nation's parks and wildlife refuges.  In March 2009, I also signed the Omnibus Public Land Management Act, the most extensive expansion of land and water conservation in more than a generation.  It designates thousands of miles of trails under the National Trails System, protects more than 1,000 miles of rivers, and secures millions of acres of wilderness.

As individuals, we can all take steps to reduce our impact on our environment.  Americans can walk, bike, and use public transportation; buy products with less packaging; recycle and reuse paper, plastic, glass, and aluminum; and teach young people about environmental preservation.  Families can save money by purchasing energy-efficient products, turning off lights, and unplugging appliances.  These small changes in our daily lives help build a cleaner, safer planet.  To learn more about our environment and how you can make a difference, I encourage you to visit www.epa.gov or www.WhiteHouse.gov.  For more information on ground water and drinking water, please visit: water.epa.gov/drink.  To learn about America's Great Outdoors Initiative, visit AmericasGreatOutdoors.gov or read my 2010 Great Outdoors Month proclamation.

Thank you, again, for writing.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

Visit WhiteHouse.gov

No comments:

Post a Comment