Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hydraulic Fracturing

Watch this movie...
Here is the trailer
Then do something...write a letter, volunteer, share this information with others etc.
Here is my letter to the President.  It may not make a difference but I couldn't watch this movie and do nothing.
Dear Mr President, I am writing to you over my concerns for the threat of our water systems due to hydrualic fracturing.  I live in Pennsylvania and at my father's house in Jersey Shore PA there has been an overwhelming surge of activity for gas drilling.  So, this topic is closely affecting my family.  The fact that the EPA has no ability at this point to monitor this process is incomprehensible! I reviewed the EPA's website and see that there is some progress being made and I hope that this is being looked at as an urgent priority!  Without clean water in our country we have nothing!  This is the basis of life.  I hope that these technical workshops being scheduled with the EPA are fair and well represented.  The corruption in this area of gas drilling breaks my heart.  The path we are currently on to leave a toxic wasteland for our children is beyond sinful.  I will be praying for guidance for you Mr. President in this urgent matter.  May God bless you and give you the wisdom and stamina to make this right.  Thank you for your attention to this.
If you didn't already know there is a massive amount of drilling going on in Pennsylvania.  It will effect you and it will effect your children.
Websites to help you take action

No comments:

Post a Comment